Sunday 5 November 2017

3) Wales - Cardiff - Pierhead Building - September 2016

Cardiff - Pierhead Building
I did think for a bit about whether I could reasonably include British cities. But what the hell - I made this in pretty much exactly the same way that I made the Belgium sketches - with the exception that I'd discovered sketching pens by this time. And we are part of Europe - Brexit notwithstanding. For what it's worth I am a confirmed remainer - as they say, don't get me started.

The Pierhead Building is a beautifully iconic redbrick masterpiece, originally built right at the end of the 19th century as headquarters for the Bute Dock Company. It now belongs to the National Assembly of Wales.

While sketching this I was approached by just the one couple, who turned out to be Canadian. I think they were a little disappointed that I couldn't tell them a huge amount about the building, although they were at least quite complimentary about the sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copenhagen Episode Four

 Yes, I got safely home on Friday. Busy and knackered yesterday, but now I have a wee bit of time to finish it all off. So, welcome to the 4...