Sunday 5 November 2017

14) Hungary - One Day in Budapest - Other Pictures

St. Matyas Church, Buda
 Yes, this is one of the pictures that I finished off in the evening back at the hotel. It was taking ages, it was cold, and time was getting on. It's a stunning looking church, high on the same hill that houses the Castle.
Chain Bridge, from Pest side of the Danube
 My first attempt to sketch the Chain Bridge. It just doesn't work because of that crenelated tower in front of it.
St. Matyas Church and the Fishermens Bastion, Buda
 My first sketch of part of the Matyas Church, and the Fisherman's bastion beside it, which is a great place to look down and out across the river and the rest of the city.
Budapest Parliament Building - Buda - from Danube
This is the other sketch I finished off in the hotel. I made a very quick outline sketch on the boat, but most of the work was done from the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copenhagen Episode Four

 Yes, I got safely home on Friday. Busy and knackered yesterday, but now I have a wee bit of time to finish it all off. So, welcome to the 4...